A few weeks back I had a strong hankering for breakfast food, particularly tofu scramble and blueberry pancakes. I recently discovered another community kitchen even closer to where I live, so I decided to gather my ingredients and make breakfast for dinner one Saturday night.
In addition to blueberry pancakes and tofu scramble, I decided to try Lightlife Smart Bacon. It was pretty good, but I definitely plan on tackling marinated tempeh bacon next time.
For my cornmeal pancake recipe, check out this video, and to make regular pancakes, just substitute all-purpose flour for the cornmeal:
And here is my basic veggie and tofu scramble recipe:
Veggie and Tofu Scramble
- 2 small red onions or 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 cups mixed veggies (I used peas, mushrooms, tomato, and spinach, butcauliflower and kale are great too)
- 1 cup tofu pieces
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 -4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Chop onions or shallots, and sauté on medium heat with water or oil in a skillet until onions or shallots are translucent.
- Add tofu and brown for 2-5 minutes, then add veggies.
- When veggies are almost cooked, add spices, minced garlic, soy sauce, and nutritional yeast, and continue cooking 1-2 minutes more until veggies are done.
- Enjoy with toast like I did, with hashed potatoes, or on its own!
To see what else I have cooked in this community kitchen, check out this video:
Please leave a message below if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions. I would love to hear from you!