I must be going through a smoothie phase right now because they have honestly been the only thing I have felt like eating and blogging about for the past couple months. The smoothie bowl I am sharing with you today is my absolute favorite right now. It is visually beautiful, very diverse in texture and flavor, and relatively healthy. Ripe fruit makes it sweet, oats make it filling, and walnuts give it that satisfying crunch. Let’s get into it!
Cherished Gem Smoothie Bowl:
- 5 fresh dates (optional)
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2-3 fresh dates
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup raw oats
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Pit and blend dates, if using, with a little water in the blender.
- Add frozen mango and berries and blend, adding water as needed to reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour (or scoop depending on how much water you used) the smoothie into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor or small bullet blender (this may also work in a regular blender), process 2 dates and 1/4 cup raw oats. Add another date or more oats as needed to achieve a granola-like consistency.
- Top smoothie with oat/date mixture, dried cherries/cranberries, and walnuts.
Some other fun things to try with this smoothie bowl:
- Add vegan chocolate chips to the oat/date mix
- Put fresh or frozen cherries in the smoothie
- Add banana to the smoothie
- Skip the nuts or replace them with dried coconut