I have to confess that this recipe is a little random, especially as a first post. I do not eat granola very often, and I don’t have very much experience making it. Luckily, the recipe I created turned out great. This is what I came up with, and I hope You enjoy!
Orange Cardamom Cranberry Granola:
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup rice puffs (or an additional cup oats)
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (more for stronger flavor)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet (parchment alternative here)
- In a small bowl, juice the orange. Mix in maple syrup, cinnamon, and cardamom with a fork.
- Place oats in a large bowl, and slowly pour in liquid to coat the oats.
- Stir in cranberries. Add rice puffs, last to avoid sogginess.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 min until oats are cooked and crisp.
- Allow to cool. Eat plain, with plant milk, or topping a smoothie bowl!